Wednesday, June 01, 2005

A Thousand Random Thoughts

As I sit here, a thousand random thoughts spring to my mind .. It possibly has more to do with the fact that I have nothing to do these days .. Shouldn't actually term it these days, since it's only been a day since my wife left for India for a short 5 week vacation .. She is to be there for 2 months, but the last 3 weeks of her trip, I shall be there too.. So for her, it is only a 5 week vacation ..

Anyway, I am digressing from the point .. One of those thousand random thoughts that came to my mind in one of those thousand or so moments that I have spent by myself is how in hell am I going to pass this time by myself .. I lived by myself before Devika was here, but I guess I am now spoilt .. Spoilt by her, spoilt by all the times I had somebody to talk to, spoilt by just about everything .. Last night as I went to bed, I actually had no idea what mood I would be waking up..

Turns out it wasn't so bad .. I mean it still took some getting used to the fact that there was no one beside me.. but then in my rush to get ready I really ran through my entire routine for the morning .. It was only when I was making my breakfast that it struck me as something out of the ordinary .. It also helped that since I had no idea how much time it would take me to make breakfast (the heavy task of cheerios with milk) and water the plants and clear the dishwasher, I woke up at 5.50 instead of my usual 6.50 .. The good side of all this was that I got to watch Roger Federer play at the French Open .. Once I got to work something else also struck me .. The first words that I uttered today were about 3 hours after I woke up !!!

On my drive back home something else came in my mind .. For every life changing event the first night is the most important .. Before sleeping for the day, you have no idea how you going to feel when you wake up in the morning .. how you will pass the night .. Coz all the previous nights of your life, you have never had that feeling .. But when you do wake up in the morning you find that life is the same, even though you have that feeling still bugging you at the back of your mind .. However you at least have the confidence that you can last one night.. Also, most nights hereafter are going to be similar .. Unless similar life changing events occur .. In which case, the cycle continues ..

So there people .. That's my philosophy for the day .. As you can see, I am now able to write longer stuff .. That also could be coz I have nothing else to do and need an outlet for my thousand random thoughts per minute..

Anyway, will be writing more often to this blog .. That is my half yearly resolution ..

Cheers,
SG

No comments: