Sunday, December 04, 2005

Random musings

Let me start off by apologizing in writing to my wife for making her watch a movie called Tango Charlie. I had heard somewhere that it was a good movie, so I kinda insisted for quite a while that we should watch it. The fact that I am apologising for it, should give you an indication of what sort of a movie it was. It was still different from the usual Hindi movies, but it was a drag. Noble idea, but bad execution. Nuff said.
 
Browsing the web, came to this wonderful article about India's golden quadrilateral .

Another prominent website I have been browsing for quite a while has been Prem Panicker's blog on blogger. You may or may not know but I had created a cricket fan blog of my own for a while, but I think this is the best blog around about Indian cricket. Prem has been for quite a while the most logical voice in Indian cricket. I really miss his musings on rediff. For a while he took a sabbatical from cricket and was based in NYC for something. I don't know what, but the quality of cricket coverage on rediff definitely fell since his departure. He still writes once in a while on rediff, but this blog is definitely a step in the right direction. It also helps I guess that with the blog, he doesn't have to to worry about deadlines and be a lot more frank with his opinions. Also helps that there are some other contributors to the blog. So the opinions remain fresh and the topics current. (Too current if you ask me. The posts change before I have a chance to write a comment). I am amazed at the power of the internet. So many people write comments on the site, and it is almost like a chat room. You'd think there are people getting paid to follow this blog.
 
On other news front, there is nothing to note. Sudeep is going to India, so will be sending some stuff with him to Pune for my parents. Photos and a small note, that's about it. There's hardly any news to pass on, since telephoning home is so easy and convenient, we speak about 2-3 times a week (phone / chat / email, its all the same)
 
Anyway, that's about it for this week. Here's some snaps from the time my uncle and aunt spent here for the Thanksgiving break.
 
Signing off,
SG

No comments: