Sunday, March 18, 2007

Things I think I think (European edition)

1. Am in Europe this week and next.. Shuttling between cities like Zweibrucken and Horst and Venlo and Getafe and Enschede and Bietigheim (aka, places you have never heard of).. Getting to see a lot of the German countryside as of now.. It is a very beautiful place, especially since it is the start of the summer.. It does look a lot greener than the US, but it could also be because it is so cloudy that the contrast is better.. Don´t know..
 
2. Full disclosure: This is a German keyboard I am typing on. The Z and the Y are interchanged, there are a host of other changes on the keyboard, the Ü and the Ö and the Ä areall over, the enter key is too small for my fat fingers. Ergo, there´s bound to be spelling mistakes. Please bear with the inconvenience..
 
3. I know I said I have a good feeling about the Indian team, and I shall stick to it..The fact that 3 of the 4 major sponsors have major interests in India, also suggests to me that there will be major losses, if India doesnt go through.. Is there a connection, I dont know..
 
4. Before I forget.. Happy Birthday to Meghna and Pramod maam.. Dont know if I shall get the chance to email / phone .. so taking the public domain to wish..
 
5. Germany is a nice place to live in. I can speak a smattering of the language, and I think I can survive here. If language was not a problem, I would say that I would want to live here for a decent amount of time.. Their belief in systematic thinking is mind blowing.. Everything follows the system.. And the system takes care of them in times of crisis.. They are open.. there is none of the PC hypocracy like the US.. Shieße is shieße ... spoken and published in the public domain like papers and TV.. There´s none of the sh%&%t or shoot like they say in teh US.. And if they say that the white man cannot dance, they ought to come to Germany ...
 
6. Speaking of Dance, I am going to a latin dance competition in about 20 mins.. At the risk of sounding sexist, I shall stick my neck out and say that it has to have been created by a man.. Only men can make competitions out of things like who can spit farther and who can chew gum longer and group latin dancing..
 
That´s about it for now.. Shall keep you posted.. Hopefully all hotels from now on that I stay in will have internet connections.. So with nothing to do, I shall blog some more

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

have a nice time... find time post something with snaps on culture and people over there... tell us abt how u manage wid the food... Auf Wiedersehen

Anonymous said...

do i hear a hint of someone relocating again? Have a great time, and hoping india wins against srilanka.

Meghna said...

Thank you for the birthday wish!! I have an Austrian friend and the way she applies reason to her science is mindblowing. So very systematic with attention to detail. That combined with her scientific innovativeness makes her brilliant.