Monday, October 15, 2007

Inferno in Newhall

There are times when you feel lucky.

It's been over 20 months since I last drove on this highway. But everyday, for almost 3 years, I took this road 4 times a day. Based on news reports, if I remember right, this tunnel is the connection between the Old Road and the 5 North and leads to the Truck route. The pictures were not very clear about the exact location, but when I read the news that's the one that popped into my mind. Actually the moment I read the headline "Fire in LA Tunnel" I just knew it was on the 5 North. Had to be. I just cannot get it over my head. We would take this road probably every week a couple of times, when the 5 North was unbearably heavy. Every morning I would take the old road coming in to work.

Hope there's not too many casualties. I heard one of the casualties was a child. May all affected find the courage to recover from the loss

I think once the traffic conditions ease, I doubt anyone going to Sylmar from Valencia / Palmdale will take the Old Road for a while.

No comments: