Saturday, February 09, 2008

Random musings

It's been a longish hiatus.. I checked, and it was over a month since I last came down this route.. Though, I am not too sure many people missed me.. All I got is one comment (from Murugesh, I presume) on where I was .. So here I am.. For a change, I was not travelling or anything.. Just at home.. though, I was shuttling between homes (ours and my parents) and the time before and after was mixed with Tata Indicom acting up majorly.. Actually, it's just today that we've had uninterrupted internet access for almost a month ..

T1's back.. Good to know that he's adjusting to Austin well.. Finally I have someone close in a "Red State" hahaha .. 41 days for him, 56 for me.. Promotion to daddyness ..

Daddyness is what is occupying my mind constantly these days.. The mind pretty much fluctuates between fear and downright paranoia.. The fear is not being prepared for what's coming. Mentally, I think, I am still an uncle, not a father. There are literally times when I think that post-April, we shall be back to what it was pre-July '07 and I almost look at it like an exam deadline... The paranoia part comes in when the fear is complete, i.e. the fact that I am going to be so unprepared that I am going to be a very very bad daddy.. plus the fact that we really don't know whether it's a boy or a girl, it becomes very difficult to refer the baby as "it", but that's what "it" is. The Sonography shows us the nose (A big fat one, that too) and the feet and the spine and everything so it's exceedingly frustrating to call my dear baby an "it"..

On a completely different and unrelated note.. There's been some improvement in the traffic scene in Pune..I don't know what it is exactly but there's some improvement that I can feel.. Some might think that I am nuts, but I can see a lot more respect on the roads.. That's my call..

Else, nothing's new.. 56 days and counting..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your were right. It was me.

My best wishes on your upcoming promotion and the toughest but rewarding job in this world. Gudluck.