Saturday, April 25, 2009

Main toh raste se jaa raha tha...

Expectation is a funny animal. Almost always set to let you down. In my personal experience, my best work has always come through when I have had the least expectations out of the work. Be it at work or in personal life, when I expect too much, I end up disappointed. So, I try not to expect anything. Expectations from self causes too much pressure to perform well, and you end up disappointed.

Why did I think of this now?

Just generally, actually. But more because of the Fake IPL Player, a fantastic blog which has come up on the web. Supposedly written by someone on the inside from the Kolkotta Knight Riders, it has created a storm on the internet. So much so, that the KKR team management is out to get him. They had promised to find him within 24 hours but that was 3 days ago, and still no news of who he is. Various cricket bloggers have him listed as Sanjib Sanyal, Ranadeb Bose, even Saurav Ganguly himself.

But that's not what I am writing about. I am writing about his writing style.

He started off unknown, and wrote amazing stuff. Now, the expectations of a fantabulous blog post are getting to him. And the quality suffers

That right there shows, he's not a true writer. My guess is he's a cricketer and my money is on Murali Kartik

No comments: