Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Life, or something like it

"There's a tornado watch for Illinois and Iowa. You'd better take care. Why don't you leave tomorrow instead?". Those were the first words I heard Sunday morning.

We drove regardless. There was a heck of a lot of rain. But the tornadoes did not strike till we reached home safe. Was it foolish of us to risk it? Or was it the confidence in myself that I could safely wade through anything that Mother Nature would throw at me?

Did Sid have the same confidence the day he woke up for the last time?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a good reason to brave the rain.

Someone Somewhere Out There said...

There's no braving these things yaar.. you're safe, but you're nuts.

Always better to be safe than sorry, yaar. Please be careful next time (hopefully no next time)