Saturday, March 03, 2007

Main banoonga Crorepati

Monday to Thursday 9pm for an hour we watch Shahrukh Khan ask questions to one person in the "hot seat". If the person gets 15 questions right, he/she wins Rs. 2 Crores (20 Million by the American system). At the beginning, SRK announces what the contestant would do with 2 Crores. The standard reply goes something like this:

Male contestant: Take _________ (Aishwarya Rai / Sushmita Sen / Mallika Sherawat / Vidya Balan / my parents / take your pick) on a trip to __________ (Alaska / World Tour / Disneyland / Trip to the moon / take your pick).

Female contestant: Produce a movie with ___________ (SRK / Brad Pitt / Tom Cruise / anyone but Amitabh Bachchan) which will win awards. One lady even went to the extent of saying that she would institute an award ceremony in her name, and have all awards except Best Actor, since SRK gets Best Actor, ex-officio.

People have weird desires, I must say. So I ask, what would YOU do with tax-free 2 Crores? Feel free .. Serious or in jest... I know what I would do.. But I shall wait for your ideas as well before I announce it ..

And no, I don't think I am going to take part in KBC, no matter what my family says..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have choices... not by the order of priority...

1. I would start working on a documentary. Before that I will join Pune film institute to study some photography, or join Mani Rathnam.
2. I might start my own venture along friends at smaller level. Or start doing something, I'm really passionate about.
3. I might even comeback to office the next day cool and stick to work, leaving the choice to my parents.

I too do not dream about making money in a flick.
BTW, What would you do...?