Saturday, March 03, 2007

Things I think I think....

10. Good to see that I am providing the inspiration for Meghna to blog on something. As I wrote to her, this is an idea that I stole myself, so who am I to deny someone the wonderful concept of thinking?

9. A big hello to Murugesh Babu who is the first guy to actually say that he actually likes what I write.. Boss, even my wife says that I write trash at times.. It feels good to have someone who reads everything diligently.. BTW, his blog is titled Motorcycle Diaries.. It has nothing to do with the movie, but the movie is one of my all - time favourites..

8. Pune has a new commissioner, who has announced that he will make the traffic problem his top priority. If he's listening (or reads blogs like this one) here are some of my suggestions:
--- Get rid of government drivers (or chauffeurs). If the babus start driving their own cars, chances are bright that the roads would improve..

--- Make the BPO taxis illegal. Bane of traffic.. Companies should provide more incentives to car pools instead of having hired taxis.. The taxis are not on their rolls and the company is saved from the overhead.. The taxi companies have no bonding with the company, so the drivers have no responsibility while driving.. Instead if a company was to provide something like Sodexho passes to people who were willing to take their own cars and also take fellow employees as passengers. Even without looking at the driver or the car from inside, currently I can tell if the owner or a chauffeur is driving just by looking at it travel on the road.

--- Keep the buses on the left side of the road, and make the BRTS lane only for two wheelers. Any two-wheeler not in the dedicated lane is liable for punishment.. Something like the car-pool lane in the US.. Worth a shot.

7. Summer is coming.. Sugarcane juice on a summer afternoon .. It's been 7 long years .. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ..

6. Summer is coming.. Alphonsos on a summer afternoon .. It's been 7 long years.. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

5. Summer is coming.. And there's no bloody summer vacation in sight .. How am I going to have the sugarcane juice and the alphonsos?? No bloody idea ..

4. A very very worrying thought just consumed me.. I will be in the US for 3 weeks in late April.. I have friends in wide corners of the US.. I don't think I shall be able to visit anyone .. Sorry friends..

3. The new car is running fine .. Took me about 3 days to get used to RH drive and another 2 to get used to the stick shift.. Then I got my first dent on the car .. Big one to the right of the drivers side headlight.. Totally self-inflicted while taking a reverse.. How I got a dent on the front side, while reversing, don't ask.. But a huge load has lifted and it shows in my driving.. Something like an unmarried girl, who's no longer a virgin.. It just doesn't matter any more..

2. It's election time in India.. One thing I have never understood in India, is that how the incumbent government almost always loses seats. Very very very rarely does someone gain seats while in power. Chandrababu Naidu is the only one that I remember who stayed in power (not sure if he gained seats though). Everything is somehow conveniently blamed on a wonderful concept called "Anti-incumbency" factor. Somehow, I'd think if you did a good job, there would be no Anti-incumbency.. Or am I missing something here??

1. The World Cup starts in 10 days. It's going on till April 28. Somehow, it doesn't make sense that a game that is played in about 10 countries, should have a World Cup which is longer than that for Soccer, which is NOT played in about 10 countries.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you... Well... my blog title was inspired from the movie's title, which I haven't seen. If you have got Motorcycle Diaries movie, please do let me know.

Pune roads suck, I dont understand how someone compares it Detroit. Ur suggestions are good.

Anti-incumbency is very natural. People need change, whatever you do to them. Thats the exact reason for attrition in MNCs. Even Naidu was thrown out of power in the last election. I do not understand what the new CM has done to Andhra, except missing the Volkswagen plant to Pune.

Well, I have a few words to share for this issue... Period of governance of 5 years has to be changed to 3 years. Voting should be made electronic completely. It should happen in Internet, ATMs etc. In India, we do not vote and we blame on government.

Someone said, 'Not doing Good is equally a sin as doing Bad'


People should have the power to throw these MLAs and MPs out of power, if they do not stick to their promises. And every citizen has the right to question these MLAs and MPs (Ur road prob wil be solved). Right now the only person answering a citizen's mail is Abdul Kalam. And we should give them great pay hikes and performance linked incentives, to make them anti-corrupt.

Murugesh

Sandgroper said...

I don't have the movie .. But it plays often enough on TV.

I do have a solution for the non-voting of the middle class and I shall blog about it some time.

Thanks for your kind comments.. BTW, I HAVE been to Detroit.. If you were to compare them to other US roads, they would be as bad as Pune roads are with reference to other Indian cities