Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Things I think I think

- I am watching a baseball game, primarily because there's nothing better to do, when it occurs to me, that the American passion for data must have some relation to baseball. These guys are basically just blurting out statistics like game's just an excuse. There's a Chinese guy pitching for the Yankees. He's just pitched to two guys, and I already know that he's never pitched on 3 days rest, he's only given 9 home runs over some period, he's X of Y against left handers. I am sure, somewhere they also have a database on the middle names of baseball players or how well they have scored on their wedding anniversaries.

At some point, when a game becomes a statistic, I don't quite know how much fun it becomes to play or to watch.

- Expectation. It's such a heavy word. Almost every one has some expectations out of something. And almost every time you're setting yourself up for disappointment. If things work as expected, you're not very thrilled since you expected it anyway. If things don't work out, man you're disappointed. It's only when you exceed expectations that you're happy. So, if you don't have any expectations from anything, you're probably a very happy person.

I don't quite call it my Gautam Buddha moment, but I think I am on to something here as well.

- I don't know how this thought came to me this morning, but Captain Dumbfuck sounds like an awesome name for a B-grade comic book hero.

Captain Dumbfuck: Equal Opportunity Discriminator.


That's my anti-Gautam Buddha moment for this week. Definitely


- It's nice to see that Scrubs has so many reruns running on TV now in the US. Comedy Central, Fox18, even WGN seems to have graduated from Friends reruns. Else TV in the US is pretty much the same. Have not watched much of it though. Been too busy these days.

- GOD!!! Baseball is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Boring!!

No comments: