Monday, September 26, 2011

There's a scandal brewing in your own household, and you (probably) don't even know about it

Got your attention, didn't I?

But there is something seriously wrong in your household (and in mine) right now, and I'll be damned if I don't tell you about it.

Fear not, everyone around you is a nice person (at least from what I know), and even if they're not, this post is not about them.

And don't worry, your investments are safe.

And so is your house, and assets and everything visible is fine.

And if it weren't, I trust you'd do something about it soon enough.

But still there is something messed up in your house, and you still don't quite know about it.

It's that most of the information that is floating around you, is high on emotional content and very low on scientific basis.

Reality shows, newspaper articles, Facebook posts which are copy-pasted, YouTube videos. The kind that if it bleeds, it leads.

But if you're reading this blog post, I assume you're of a certain age, and educational background and honestly, I don't care if you're emotionally "blackmailable".

All things considered, you mostly deserve it.

But it's your kids I worry about.

They think you know everything.

And then you let them watch Chhota Bheem, and Sa Re Ga Ma Little Champs and God knows what else, where there is zero scientific logic being displayed.

Tantriks give ashirwaad, and the job is done. 6 year olds who can dance like Hrithik Roshan are considered role models. Even more so, if they have a single mother or a limp.

Maths and Science can go take a hike. Or maybe, be outsourced to a private tutor.

If your kids are messed up in the long run, don't tell me you weren't warned.

2 comments:

Gajendra said...

Very well said. "emotional" content has always been like that for south east asians...(just like our addiction to curry, TADKA (I even i have to TADKA my pasta to make it eatable).
We get hooked to emotional content. That is why 50 year Sharuk khan can still dance 19 year college kids on streets and i like to watch his 'larger than life' character in every movie (in fact all his movies he plays the same role. the LARGER THAN LIFE ROLE...only made for him)
And yes no logical sense ....that is perfectly the way people like it. It seems every Bollywood movies is shoot in a lobby of 5 or 7 star hotel (depicting it as a living room of Hero's home) and a helicopter taking his kids and him to office....(I see Barak OBama riding in a motorcade very often than Bolloywood movie charters in a movie)..A generation is growing up watching this crap..Recently I have read a blog "how ZINDAGI NE MELE DOBARA" cab be effectively used in a executive management training class....you got to be kidding me.

Smit Gade said...

Couldn't agree more. I think its true about many adults as well..