Friday, February 17, 2012

Overdraft at the Vote Bank..

So I voted yesterday.

Not that it will make much of a difference to my life. At least not right away.

You see, I live about 15 wards away from where my name is registered.

Because I find it easier to vote in my parents ward once every 5 years, rather than go through the procedural requirements of changing my address.

I don't do that, also because if I go through the entire process of registering a new address, I fear I'll find our dream home suddenly available another 15 wards away, and then everything is moot again. 

So, I voted yesterday, for the person who my mom said would benefit her ward the most in her opinion.
Not really any different from any of the people who vote for whoever their sarpanch, community head, mukhiya or maulana tells them to.

But then, this level of ignorance hit me hard somewhat.

So I made a promise to myself,

The next time I vote, I will vote for the person I know the best.

I'd like to say that person would be me.

But I need to get the pulse of the population
So to paraphrase Paul McCartney...

What would you do, if I ask for your vote..
Would you stand up and vote for me???
Lend me your ear, and I'll make you think,
And I promise not to let things be...
So let me know if I should contest the 2014 Lok Sabha elections from Pune.

You may "like" it or "+1" it to show your support.  
Especially if you're a sarpanch, community head, mukhiya or maulana :)

No comments: